Stuffed Brinjal in South Indaian Taste
1. Small violet brinjals 15
2. Oil 3 table spoons
3. Mustard seeds
4. Curry leaves.
Ingredients for Masala Powder
1. Channa dal 3 tablespoons
2. Dhania Seeds (coriander) 4 tablespoons.
3. Red dried Chillies 10 to 12
4. Tamarind small Gooseberry size
5. Salt to taste
6. Grated Coconut 3 tsp
7. Oil 1 tsp
1. Fry the above ingredients separately and powder it with salt and Hing.
2. Slit Brinjal in to 6 parts (it gets cooked nicely) from down.
3. Stuff the Masala powder in these brinjals.
4. After Stuffing all brinjals, just steam for 3 minutes. [Steam cooking will make the masala stick well to the brinjal.]
5. Heat oil in a kadai splutter mustard seeds and then add steamed brinjals. Mix once and close with the plate.
6. Stir once a while in between.
Serve with Hot Rice and Melted Ghee.