Rasam made with Sambar Podi...
If you run out of Rasam powder, Rasam can still be made with Sambar powder.
This Rasam is easy to make, heavenly in taste with the flavour of Green Chilli .
1. Tomato - 1
2. Thick tamarind water - 2 1/2 tablespoon (1 tsp of tamarind paste )
3. Green chillies - 2
4. Sambar powder - 1 tsp
5. Cooked Tur dhal / Thuvaram Paruppu - 2 tablespoon
6. Salt to taste
7. Hing / Perungayam
8. Turmeric powder
Ingredients for tempering:-
1. Ghee - 1 tsp
2. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
3. Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/4 tsp
4. Dry Red Chilli 1 (optional)
5. Curry leaves
1. In a vessel, take 3/4 cup water in that add cubed Tomatoes, Salt, Turmeric, Hing, Tamarind water paste, cooked Dhal, slit or diced Green Chilli and Sambar powder.
2. Crush the above nicely with fingers, (this gives us good taste) and bring this to boil in a medium flame.
3. When the volume reduces and the raw small of tamarind goes add 1 cup of water. (at this stage adjust the water and also check for salt)
4. In a slow flame cook till foamy on top. No need to boil.
Rasam with green Chilli flavour and sambar podi flavour is ready.