The name itself says that it is like flute and hollow inside.
1. Rice flour - 6 cup
2. Urad flour - 1 cup (Dry roast urad dal till golden and make into powder)
3. Butter - 3 tsp
4. Salt to taste
6. Jeera - 1 tsp
7. Oil to deep fry
1. Sieve Rice flour, Urad flour and add Salt, Butter, Cumin Seeds (Jeera) and Hing and mix well.
2. Make this into 2 or 3 portions, take one portion and mix with water.
3. Make into a Chapati like dough.(One portion at a time)
4. Grease Murukku maker and put some amount of dough and squeeze [3 hole murukku plate] directly in oil.
5. You can also make small murukkus on a paper first and then fry in hot oil till crisp.
1. To get this Murukku in white colour, use good quality rice flour and do not overfry the Urad.
2. Frying noise will reduce and Oil will get clear once the Murukku is cooked well.
Enjoy this Buttery Murukku with Kids.
Murukku is more friendly than Thenkuzhal.
This is my submission for JFI Festival Treats Hosted By Cooking for all seasons