Another Chettinad Traditional, Diwali dish.
1. Rice 1 cup (Measure flat one cup)
2. Urad dal 2 tablespoons (Or add urad dal to make one full cup with rice)
(ie. One flat measure of rice and add remaining portion Urad dal to cover one full cup measurement)
3. Salt to taste
5. Sugar 1 tsp
6. Oil to deep fry.
1. Soak rice and Dal together for 2 hours and grind into fine paste.
(Without any granuals)
2. Add Salt, Sugar, Milk and Mix well like pouring consistency.
3. Heat Oil in a Kadai, pour one ladle of grinded paste in Oil and Cook in
4. Trun the other side and cook for a minute. (Should not be over fried.)
5. Drain well and keep it in a absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
6. Serve Hot with Onion Chutney or Tomato Chutney.
Happy Deepavali with these Chettinad dishes.
This is my submission for JFI Special Edition hosted by Vee