Vella Pidi Kozhukkattai
Jaggery and Rice [Idli rice or Raw rice] makes this Traditional Sweet Snack.
Ingredients are for a measure of 10 Nos.
1. Raw Rice 3/4 cup
2. Jaggery 3/4 cup
3. Grated Coconut 2 tablespoons
4. Pinch of Salt
5. Water 2 cups
6. Ghee 1 tsp
7. Elaichi Powder
1. Clean the rice with a dry towel to remove the husk and dust, if any.
2. Dry roast in a pan till light brown.
3. Cool it and make a thin rawa consistency powder.
4. Mean time, soak jaggery in water and keep it aside.
5. Now filter the Jaggery water to remove the mud and dust. Let it boil in a pan.
6. Add Grated Coconut, Ghee, Salt, Elaichi powder and Rice Rawa. Mix thoroughly.
7. Close with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
8. When it is still warm make oblong balls and steam it...
Traditional, Healthy Snack for a Festival day. *
1. If rice is not fried properly, the steaming will
* not cook the rawa properly.
2. If you are using Raw rice, no need to wash it.
This is My submission for JFI(Rice) hosted by Sharmi of Nivedhyam