Friday, May 18, 2007


Mango Rice


Mango - Ripe or Raw is a "Passion fruit" for many.
Rather than getting pickled and bottled, it can also make a Wonderful meal.

Ingredients Needed:
1. Sour Mango - 1 (Grated)
2. Cooked Rice - 1 1/2 cup (Each grain should be separated)
3. Salt - to taste
4. Fenugreek Powder - (Methi seeds - Dry roast and Powder) 1 1/2 tsps
5. Turmeric Powder
6. Hing

Ingredients for Tempering:
1. Oil - 2 tablespoons
2. Mustard seeds
3. Cummin Seeds
4. Dry Red Chilli 1
5. Green Chilli slit 2
6. Curry Leaves
7. Ground Nut
8. Cashew Nuts

Method:
1. Heat Oil in a pan, fry Groundnuts then add other tempering ingredients.
2. Now goes grated Mango, Salt, Turmeric powder and Hing.
3. Fry for few minutes, add Methi Powder, cooked rice and mix thoroughly.


~ Serve this Andhra Special with Papad. ~

This is My submission for RCI (Andhra) hosted by Latha of MasalaMagic

14 comments:

FH said...

Mouthwatering dish! I can imagine the taste.
Wish I could get some raw mangoes here,I get semi-ripe mangoes I could try but it will not taste the same.Thanks MT,I will try and find it!:))

Vini K said...

wow MT,great selection!I love mango pulihora as we call it..

Sharmi said...

nice one for RCI lot of mangoes in all the blogs. you can send it to AFAM too. nice looking pulihara.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi menu today, nice recipe it looks yummy :)

Viji said...

Could feel the sour taste MT. Very nice. Viji

Suganya said...

Mango rice is looking YUM!...nice entry for AFAM too. I love it..

Prema Sundar said...

One of my friends make it and I have tasted it once... it really tasted divine MT. I forgot abt this for a long time and now ur recipe remimnded me of hers... I will make it when I find raw mangoes. thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

wow...lovely recipe...thanks for sharing

Roopa said...

Yummy dish MT. i love mango rice its just awesome....

Sia said...

thats my all time fav MT. with a big spoon of yougurt its heavenly!

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Hi,
mango rice looks great...
thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Looks so delicious and seems like it is easy to make too.

Anonymous said...

Hi MT -- looks very special indeed! I have been lucky and now a few Indian grocers know me, I asked for the *greenest* mangoes and got some truly sour to try. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Sanctified Spaces said...

Hi,
I tried your recipe last night,it came out so well.Infact, it is better than lemon rice and tamarind rice. My husband loved it.Iam palnning to put it up on my blog.

Thanx ,
Kamakshi