Popular dish of Tanjore (Tamil Nadu) Distict.
1. Rice I cup washed, drained and dried in a Towel.
2. 2 tsp Toor dal
3. 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
4. 1/4 tsp Pepper.
With dried Rice add Dal, Cumin and Pepper and Dry grind to Rawa consistency.
Ingredients for Cooking Upma:
1. 2 tsp Coconut oil
2. 1 tsp Cooking oil
3. 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
4. 1/2 tsp Urad dal
5. 1/2 tsp Channa dal
6. 2 Sprigs Curry leaves
7. Green Chilli 2 Nos.
8. Dry Red Chillies 2
9. One small piece Ginger finely chopped
10. Grated Coconut 2 tblsp
11. Salt to taste
13. Water to cook Upma (for 1 cup Rawa 2-1/2 cup Water)
1. Heat Oil in a pressure pan and add Mustard Seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal, Curry leaves,Green Chiilies, Red Chillies, chopped Ginger and Hing.
2. Pour water and add grated coconut.
3.When water starts boiling add Rice Rawa. Mix nicely.
4. Close with a lid with vent and cook in slow flame for 10 to 12 mins.
Hot and Spicy upma is ready.
Serve with any type of Kothsu, Chutney.
[*] Enjoy this Hot on a Cold or Rainy Day. [*]
This is my submission for RCI Hosted by Lakshmi of http://veggiecuisine.blogspot.com/