Kollu Rasam (Horse Gram Rasam)
/-> Spicy rasam made with Kollu.
/-> Good for cough and cold, body pains etc.
/-> Good for people on diet.
1. Kollu 1/4 cup (soaked overnight and cooked)
2. Tamarind water 1 cup
3. Rasam Powder 1-1/2 tsp [Pl see here ]
4. Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
5. Curry leaves
6. Coriander leaves
7. Garlic one pod
8. Salt to taste
9. Mustard seeds
10. Cumin seeds
11. Ghee one tsp
1. Boil Tamarind water by adding Salt, Turmeric, Hing and Curry leaves.
2. When the raw smell of Tamarind goes add cooked Kollu a little.
3. Grind the remaining Kollu with one garlic pod.
4. Dilute this Kollu paste with cooked water or water pour on boiling Tamarind water.
5. Add Coriander leave, when the Rasam is about to boil.
6. Temper the Mustard, Cumin and pour over Rasam.
# Spicy Kollu Rasam is Ready. #
kollu is very healthy and my mom makes this rasam sometimes. U have a good collection of rasam varieties. Thanks.
Hi MT. This twice in a row I have visited you and found we posted about something similar! Looks lovely :)
OH MY GOD!! I was thinking abt this Horsegram or Kulith all day yesterday!! There it is and I am soaking some rt now! Thanks MT!!
We call it Kulitha saru. I love this :). We make 2 types of sarus with or without coconut. Thanks for reminding me about this.
I've never had kollu rasam and followed your recipe to the dot. It's delicious and is soothing for the cold weather here (germany). Thanks for the wonderful collection of recipes...
Wow....i made this lip smacking rasam today & there is not a single drop left!! ;-) thanx
Hi Latha and Suma,
Thanks for trying my version of rasam. I am very happy to note that you all liked it very much. Thanks once again.
Post a Comment