Adai made with kuthiraivali rice instead of regular rice.
Nowadays Siru Dhaniyam (Millets) is popular among food lovers and weight watchers.
With Millets many interesting dishes can be made.
1. Kuthiraivali Rice - 1 cup
2. Channa dal (Kadalai paruppu) - 3/4 cup
3. Tuar dal (Thuvaram paruppu) - 1/4 cup
4. Red Chilli according to taste
5. Salt to taste.
6. Hing / Perungayam (optional)
7. Oil to cook Adai
1. Carrot - grated
2. Onions - finely chopped
3. Cabbage - finely cut
4. Coriander leaves - finely chopped
6. Green Chilli - finely chopped
7. Ginger grated (optional)
8. Curry leaves - finely cut
1. Wash and soak Dal, Red chilli and Kuthiraivali rice separately for 3 hours.
1. This Adai can be made with other Siru Dhaniyam like Samai, Varagu and Thinai.
2. Adding Ginger and Perungayam optional.
3. Any greens like murunga keerai, mulai keerai also can be added to make this Adai (முருங்கை கீரை / முளைக் கீரை)
4. This Adai will be very soft so even elders can have this.
5. Serve this Adai with Avial, chutney, ghee and sugar or with jaggery.
6. Crushed jeera /cumin seeds can be added. This gives nice flavour to this Adai .
7. This measurement makes 8 Adais.