Monday, March 27, 2006

Tomato Rice
Tomato Rice

I was so lazy (as usual) and I didn’t know what to cook. The only vegetable left at home were the usual Tomatoes, Onions, Potatoes etc.

Idea ! Tomato + Onion Rice !

I cooked this Tomato Rice direct in the pressure cooker and saved time too!

Serves 3 persons.

Following items are needed
::
1. Tomato 4 big size fully ripe chopped
2. Onion thinly sliced 2
3. Green chillies 3 to 4 (according to taste)
4. Rice 1 ½ cup (Long grain rice preferred)
5. Salt to taste
6. Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
7. Red chilli powder ¼ tsp
8. Water 3 cups

Seasoning::
1. Mustard seeds ¼ tsp
2. Fennel seeds ¼ tsp
3. Curry leaves little
4. Coriander leaves little
5. Oil 2 table spoons


Method::
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker season with mustard and fell seeds.
2. Fry onion, Green Chillies, when Onion turns brown add tomato pieces, Salt, Turmeric powder and Red chilli powder.
4. It should become pulp and then goes the washed rice.
5. Fry these for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add water 3 cups, close the lid, pressure cook till 2 whistles.

Once cooled, Tomato Rice is ready to serve !

Serving Suggestion: Raitha and/or Papad and/or Cool Cucumber Salad.

#
Please try and comment. Was it Easy and Tasty? #

7 comments:

sailu said...

Yes,its easy and tasty too..:)
Love tomato rice and make different versions.I am a rice freak..:)

Ashwini said...

Its so tasty looking

Kitchenmate said...

I used to prepare the same way with precooked rice in kadai. Thet taste great:)

Menu Today said...

Hi Sailu,
Thanks.

Hi Ashwini,
Thanks. It didn't last long that day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I found your blog through Spice Hut and I'm so glad I did. I love this dish and it looks fantastic!

Menu Today said...

Hi Kitchenmate,
Thanks :-)

Menu Today said...

Hi Ivonne,
Thanks for coming here.
I had a quick look at your posts. Quite beneficial for me and they are Very Impressive.