Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rasa Malai


I had bought 2 tins of Rasagolla. Sweets get finished in no time. Some how I could save One tin.

I decided to make Rasa Malai.

My procedure for home made Rasa Malai goes like this:.

Items needed::
1. One tin rasagulla tin
2. Full Cream Milk 1 lit
3. Saffron ¼ tsp
4. Sugar according to taste

Garnishing::
1. Elaichi - 3 (Powder)
2. Badam - 5
3. Cashew - 5
4. Pistachios - 5
Slice the dry fruits finely
.

Method::

a> Boil Milk for 20 minutes with saffron. Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes. (Take care that milk is not sticking to the vessel). Switch off and keep this aside.
b> Strain Sugar syrup from Rasagolla and put the Rasagolla into Warm Water.
c> Take out each Rasagolla and flatten it in your palm and put in the milk.
d> Boil for 2-3 Minutes.
e> Garnish with Nuts and Elaichi
f> Chill and serve.

* Surprise everyone with this.
*

3 comments:

Priya said...

the rasmalai looks delicious. ANd the recipe is so simple . Shall try it soon.. thanx for the recipe

Kitchenmate said...

Cool recipe. Infact I have an worst experience with Rasmalai (came out so hard), hence after I stopped doing it. May be i would like to try yours. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Menu Today said...

Hi Priya,
Thanx for visiting my blog.

Hi Kitchenmate,
This method will come out very nice without any doubt.