Monday, April 16, 2007

Ribbon Pakkoda

Ribbon pakkoda made with Rice and Besan flour mixed with Ghee/Butter and Spices.
Deep fried snack that can be stored for many days.



Ribbon Pakkoda
Ingredients Needed:
1. Rice flour 2-1/2 cups
2. Besan 1 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Hing little
5. Chilli powder 1 tsp (according to taste)
6. Ghee or Butter 21/2 tsp
7. Oil for deep frying
8. Water to knead

Method:

1. In a bowl mix Rice flour, Besan, Salt, Hing, Chilli powder, Ghee, till resembles crumbs.
2. Sprinkle water and make a dough.
3. Apply Oil in Murukku press, put some dough and make pakkodas direct in hot oil.
4. When it is crisp take out , drain excess oil and store in air tight container.

# Hot Ribbon Pakkkoda is ready.
#

15 comments:

FH said...

Hey MT,I have made ribbon pakoda before but your's looks different and yummy.I think I don't have that plate im my chakli mould.I like the lines on them.Thanks for sharing:))

Priya Bhaskaran said...

love this snack:)

USHA said...

Hi MT,
I like ribbon pakoda very much, it looks very cripsy..

Prema Sundar said...

Hey I love this snack MT. My mom makes this using rice flour and chutney dal powder.yeah looks very crispy.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi MT,
Nice looking ribbon pakoda.
cheers
rajani

Sharmi said...

I too had made ribbon murukku this week. yours looks much better then mine.

Roopa said...

Hi MT,

looks very good! as Asha said even mine does not have such fine lines

looks like you are going to have a series of food for RCI

her's my link
www.recipeofchoice.wordpress.com

Viji said...

Feel like visiting your place MT. All my favorites on the row. Viji

Sia said...

my chakkuli mould is sitting in one coner and crying out for trying something. u have come up with a crunchy snack at the right time MT:)

Mythreyee said...

I love these tasty crunchy snacks.

Deepa said...

hey

i love ribbon pokada ..mouth watering .Will surely make it soon .
bye
deepa

Menu Today said...

Hi Asha,
This line makes ribbon pakkoda more crunchy. Thanks.

Hi priya,
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Hi Usha,
Thank u so much.

Hi Prema,
I too have one recipe with poddukadalai podi. I will post it some time. Thanks.

Hi Rajani,
Thanks, Keep visiting.

Hi Sharmi,
Thanks.

Hi Roopa,
Nice blog you have, Thanks for visiting.

Hi Viji,
You are always welcome to my place.
Thanks.

Hi Supriya,
I am waiting for your post. Thanks.

Hi Mythreyee,
Thanks a lot.

Hi Deepa,
Please do let me know the outcome of it. Thanks.

Seena said...

Love this snack..
am new here..

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Ooooh, these look delicious!
Kanchana

Anonymous said...

i have not tried this snack for long time looks great and tasty