Sevai makes an excellent tiffin.Sevai making is a long process that I save for another day.
Though I make this by myself, this time I used Ready made Rice Sevai.
Menu Today is flavoured with Tomato Masala.
1. Rice Sevai - Half packet.
2. Tomato 3 (Chopped into pieces)
3. Onion 1 (Chopped finely)
4. Green Chillies 2 (according to taste)
5. Salt to taste
7. Turmeric Powder
8. Handful of Green Peas
Ingredients for Tempering:
1. Oil 2 tsp
2. Mustard Seeds
3. Urad Dal
4. Channa dal
5. Cashew Nuts.
6. Curry Leaves
1. Cook Sevai according to Instructions and Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai add tempering ingredients and fry chopped onions and green chillies.
3. Now goes the chopped Tomato, Salt, Hing and Turmeric, cook till it resembles Chutney.
4. Add Green peas, cooked Sevai and mix well.
Garnish with little lime/lemon juice.
~ Tomato Sevai - Ready in a Jiffy ~
Can be had without any side dish.
Variations:- Coconut Sevai, Lemon Sevai, Curd Sevai, Sesame Sevai, etc.
This is My Submission for JFI#12 (Tomato) hosted by RP of My WorkShop