Each states has its own version of making this Poli.
The below features the version of Tamil Nadu.
Ingredients Needed For Base
1. Maida 3/4 cup
2. Salt (pinch)
3. Turmeric Powder or Food Colour (2 pinches)
4. Sesame Oil 3 tablespoons.
5. Water to knead the dough
Items Needed For Pooranam (Filling):
1. Channa dal 1 Cup
2. Jaggery 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup (according to taste)
3. Grated Coconut 2 table spoons.
4. Elaichi Powder
5. Ghee 1/2 tsp
1. In a bowl add Maida, Food colour/Turmeric, Salt and knead it to a soft dough using water.
2. Pour Oil on top of dough and keep it aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
Making of Pooranam:
1. Fry Channa dal till good smell comes.
2. Cook this dal in (just enough) water. (not too Mushy)
3. Drain out all water and add Jaggery and Coconut.
4. Grind this into a fine paste.
5. Heat a kadai add this paste and saute till water evoparates.6. Mix Elaichi powder and keep it aside
Making of Poli.
1. Take a tender Banana leaf or thick plastic sheet. Apply little oil.
2. Take some amount of Maida dough and spread with hands.
3. Keep the Coconut filling (Pooranam) inside and cover with maida.
4. Make it into a ball, spread with hands.
5. Fry both sides on a tawa applying little Ghee unti Poli is done.
Delicious, Healthy Poli is ready.Serve Hot with a little Ghee on top of it.Can store upto 3 days.
This is My Submission for JFI#8 (Jaggery) hosted by Kay towards better tomorrow