::-> Semiya (Vermicilli) cooked and mixed with curd.
::-> Excellent Party and Pot Luck dish.
::-> Easy and time saving.
1. Seviya 2 cups
2. Water 6 cups
3. Ice water 3/4 cup [See Note]
4. Salt to taste
5. Grated Carrots 1/2 cup
6. Chopped Cucumber 1/2 cup
7. Raisins 20
8. Cashew nuts 10
9. Green Chillies 3
10. Small piece of ginger
11. Coriander and Curry leaves
12. Curd added with 1/2 cup milk - 2 cups (according to desired consistency)
13. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
14. Dried Red Chilli - 1 or 2
15. Oil for frying Cashew, Raisins, Mustard and Red Chilli (2 tsp)
1. Roast seviya without adding oil and cook till done.
2. Wash thoroughly, drain water and pour Ice water, keep it aside.
3. Take out any water before adding Curd.
4. In Curd, add grated Carrot, Cucumber pieces, Salt, Grated Ginger and Green Chillies,Fried Raisins, Cashews, Mustard seeds and Red Chilli.
5. Mix Gently the Seviya and garnish with Curry and Coriander leaves.
6. Keep this in fridge and serve chill.
[\] Cool dish for a Hot Party. [/]
Note: Ice Water avoide the Seviya getting dissolved while Cooking.